- This event has passed.
Industrial Stormwater Training Session 2 – Iowa Stormwater Education Partnership
May 12, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Mark your calendars and register to attend one of the upcoming “Advanced Topics in Industrial Stormwater Management” online training opportunities. This spring, the Iowa Stormwater Education Partnership (ISWEP) is offering two brand new training sessions to meet demand for stormwater management training.
Industrial and commercial facilities with a stormwater discharge associated with industrial activity are required to obtain permits, typically known as NPDES General Permits #1 and #3. The new advanced training sessions have been developed to expand on specific requirements for General Permit #1 holders in Iowa.
The first of the advanced stormwater training sessions will focus on the water sampling and monitoring requirements for General Permit #1 facilities. The second advanced training opportunity will help airport facility staff understand their permitting requirements, the major elements of pollution prevention plans, and how to implement best management practices.
Both advanced training sessions will be conducted through an online webinar. Within the webinar format, participants will have ample opportunity to interact with presenters and get their questions answered. The training is organized by ISWEP (iowastormwater.org) and co-sponsored by the Iowa Department of Natural Resources (DNR).
Training Session 2: Stormwater Pollution Prevention Training for Airport Staff
- Date: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 9:00 am to 11:00 am
- Who should attend?: Airport personnel including managers, mechanics and maintenance staff and others involved with any activities that could pollute stormwater. This training can satisfy airport employee staff pollution prevention training requirements listed in General Permit #1.
- Presenters and topics include:
- Janet Gastineau, Iowa DNR Field Office: “Permit Requirements for Airports in Iowa”
- Pat Sauer, ISWEP: “Stormwater Pollution Prevention Highlights”
- Maryjane MacLeod, Apex Companies, LLC: “Airport Stormwater Best Management Practices”
- Registration: https://iowastormwater.org/event/stormwater-pollution-prevention-training-for-airport-staff/
For questions or more information, contact Tiffany Wilson Lillard at 515-724-2394 or firstname.lastname@example.org.