- This event has passed.
Iowa’s River Restoration Toolbox – Level 2/Geomorphic Design
October 5, 2020 - October 8, 2020
Level 2 Training focuses on geomorphic design and utilizes the skills acquired in the Level 1 training to develop ecologoically sound restoration techniques. Includes outdoor exercises and development of conceptual designs for a restoration project in Clive.
Course topics include, but not limited to:
- Phases of Geomorphic Channel Design
- Multi-Staged Channels
- Alluvial vs. Threshold Channel Design
- Dimensionless Ratios
- Reference Reach Criteria
- Shear Stress
- Sediment Supply & Transport
- Sediment Transport Competency
Featured speaker: George Athanasakes
George is the Ecosystem Restoration Program Leader for Stantec, and has 25 years of experience working on innovative stream restoration projects nationwide. George has taught at numerous restoration workshops, and worked with the IDNR river restoration planning team to create Iowa’s River Restoration Toolbox. Additional instructors will supplement George’s presentations.
What to expect
- Four days of team-based training in the latest stream assessment and restoration practices conducted by restoration experts, lunch included during field days
- Level 2 Certification of Completion
- Listed on IRR and ISWEP websites as having completed the training requirements
- Certificiate for Professional Development Hours
- Course fee: $700 per person
Course prerequisite: Participants must have completed Level1/Base Training to register for Level 2.
Due to COVID-19, this class will be implemented using a combination of webinars, online interactive team activities, and live stream assessment using social distance protocols.
Click here for more information and the registration form: http://www.iowarivers.org/register/