- This event has passed.
Iowa’s River Restoration Toolbox – Level 1/Base Training
September 21, 2020 - September 24, 2020
Learn about streambank stabilization and restoration techniques from Iowa experts and how to use the new IDNR Toolbox to restore stream functions. The workshop includes classroom lectures, field exercises and visits to recently constructed stream restoration projects.
Who should attend?
Design professionals, including engineers and landscape architects, biologists, ecologists, project managers, WMA coordinators, natural resources specialists, urban conservationists, university faculty, foodplain managers, environmental professionals in Iowa and other interested professionals.
What to expect
- Four days of team-based training in the latest stream assessment and restoration practices conducted by restoration experts, lunch included.
- Level 1 Certificate of Completion
- Listed on IRR and ISWEP websites as having completed the training requirements
- Eligibility to participate in Level 2 Advanced Training
- Professional Development Hours
- Course Fee: $600 per person
Featured speaker: George Athanasakes
George is the Ecosystem Restoration Program Leader for Stantec, and has 25 years of experience working on innovative stream restoration projects nationwide. George has taught at numerous restoration workshops, and worked with the IDNR river restoration planning team to create Iowa’s River Restoration Toolbox. Additional instructors will supplement George’s presentations.
Click here for more information and the registration forme: http://www.iowarivers.org/register/