- This event has passed.
Iowa’s Community Rating System Program Webinar – Iowa Floodplain and Stormwater Management Association
April 14 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
The webinar will start at 11:30 am with a short update on all things IFSMA, then move into our webinar at the CRS Program in Iowa at noon (12:00 pm). There is no charge for this event, but registration is required. Attendees will learn about Iowa’s CRS program and how cities and counties can get involved to start lowering flood insurance rates in their communities.
Who should attend?
Community leaders and decision-makers, emergency managers, public works staff, floodplain managers, GIS technicians, and related fields.
- 12:00 pm: Welcome and webinar overview (IFSMA Board Chair, Sandy Pumphrey)
- 12:05 pm: About CRS (CRS Specialist, Melissa Mitchell)
- 12:20 pm: Joining Iowa’s CRS program (Iowa DNR)
- 12:35 pm: Community experience with CRS (Doug Ollendike, city of Clive)
- 12:45 pm: Iowa Flood Center CRS resources (Associate Director, Nate Young
- 12:55 pm: Q&A