The Eastern South Dakota Water Conference is held annually in Brookings, SD and features presentations from universities; industry; local, state, and federal government agencies; non-profits; and other stakeholder groups. The conference covers the latest strategies and research for water managers and water users on the Northern Great Plains. The 2021 conference will be held on October 20, 2021. Find more event information here.
The SD Water Resources Institute is soliciting abstracts relating to water resources and water management for the 2021
Eastern South Dakota Water Conference. The theme for this year’s conference is “Ground Truth – Water Resource
Management and Remote Sensing”. The ESDWC welcomes presentations on a variety of topics including but not limited
- Watershed Science and Management
- Non-Point Source Pollution Management
- State and Regional Water Quality Monitoring Programs
- Water Quality Modeling
- Agricultural and Urban Best Management Practices
- Wetland Science and Management
- Invasive and Nuisance Aquatic Species
- Harmful Algal Blooms
- Fisheries Science and Management
- Groundwater Science and Management
Abstracts: The deadline for submitting an abstract is August 20, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. CST. Abstracts are limited to a
maximum of 1,500 characters and must be submitted via the online form. Oral presentations will be limited to 15 minutes plus 5 minutes for questions.