Deadline: September 30, 2019 11:59PM
Iowa Water Conference 20/20: Bringing Our Water Vision into Focus
Scheman Building, Ames, Iowa
April 8-9, 2020
What does the path to meaningful change look like across the vast spectrum of water resource issues? Who are the drivers of change and who should be included at the table as critical change agents? The theme of the 2020 Iowa Water Conference is centered on answering these questions. We want to transform water resource work in the year 2020 to be 20/20 as an effort to refocus our vision of the future for how we can promote inclusive, resilient water resource management.
This conference will focus on our evolving relationship with water at a personal and societal scale, as well as what the future may hold if we continue our current trajectory. Through scientific discovery, diverse change agents, and foresight on future challenges, we will move into an equitable and verdurous world of the future.
The committee welcomes proposals on all water-related topics, but especially encourage submissions that address:
- Equity, inclusion, and environmental justice
- Innovations in agriculture for future resilience
- Emerging water resource contaminants
- Meeting future Gulf of Mexico Hypoxia targets
- Social impacts on conservation
- Mitigating climate change impacts on water resources
- Nontraditional approaches to citizen engagement with water
Read more here.